Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SRG50 Incoming CLID problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberX666

Technical User
May 22, 2006
SE
Hi all,

Another SRG50 question im afraid, the bane of my life these things, CS1K engineers always say it’s the srg not the cs1k lol.

Problem is I have 5 srg50s and 1 is having a problem with incoming calls that have the number withheld. The call comes in on to the srg s BRI and it tries to forward it up the VoIP line to the ext but just tries twice and then disconnects. If the call comes in with CLID then the call completes.

SRG50 rls 1, fully patched. CS1k fully depep'd or so i have been told.

Ok i have sorted this now. Looks like something has changed when i patched the srg50 for another issue. With SU8 you need to have "forward redirect OLI" ticked. srg's without SU8 you dont need this ticked.

There is a known problem at Nortel with voip trunks and incoming calls on digital trunks where the CLID is missing. With the BCM400 we are now at SU12 and the corrective patch is still not included nor is the patch that fixes it up on the site yet.

I came accross this problem when I patched 3 networked 400's after I put in a bunch of ip sets so they would get the latest firmware. Little did I know what I was in store for. Basically put the place out of business for 3 days until we figured out the pattern. Took Nortel another 2 days to come up with a designer patch to fix it.

If you want the case number to refer to, let me know and I'll forward it on to you.

There is a known problem at Nortel with voip trunks and incoming calls on digital trunks where the CLID is missing. With the BCM400 we are now at SU12 and the corrective patch is still not included nor is the patch that fixes it up on the site yet.

I came accross this problem when I patched 3 networked 400's after I put in a bunch of ip sets so they would get the latest firmware. Little did I know what I was in store for. Basically put the place out of business for 3 days until we figured out the pattern. Took Nortel another 2 days to come up with a designer patch to fix it.

If you want the case number to refer to, let me know and I'll forward it on to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back