Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

gib1506

Technical User
Aug 21, 2008
IE
Hi
I have a customer with a Mas Server 2.2 running CSM 5.1 on it .We are putting in a Redbox Recorder and i was going to install SRC taps on the Mas server and put the phones to be recorded in Teleworker mode. I just want to check that the MAS is OK in Server Mode for SRC i.e. its dose't need to be in Server -Gateway mode (MGB). I haven't set up one of these before ,is it easy to get the certificate between the Redbox and the SRC working ??..Thanks

Think the MAS didn't support SRC directly at that load ( 2.2 ). Never heard of Redbox so no idea if it can be setup or not.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Thanks Loopylou ,you are right, looks like it only supports it at MAS 2.2 SP1 ..next problem is I would expect to go from 2.2 to 2.2 SP1 would be straight forward but I can't find anything in the Mitel doc's to say so .MSL stays the same at 9.2.22 and i don't really want to have to do a complete install as a call center running on this server .

Check the release notes for MAS 2.2 SP1, it will show the upgrade path methodology for all earlier release.

From what I recall, MAS has to be in server only mode to support SRC TAP.

For LoopyLou
Redbox is a supported product through SRC Tap.

I have looked through Rel Notes ,I&M and Engineering Guides and the nearest I get to say how you go from Mas 2.2 to Mas 2.2SP1 is .....

MAS 2.0 or later to MAS 2.2 SP1 "Method 1: Backup and Restore
with Fresh Install” or "“Method 2: Upgrade MSL via CD
and Upgrade MAS Applications from AMC"..

So even though I am on MAS 2.2 ,I need to rebuild the box to get a service pack on it Mas2.2 SP1.
This server has CSM applications which means the disk has to be ordered directly from Mitel .
Just wondering if there is an easier way ??

no

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back