Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SRC One way audio via SIP trunks

Status
Not open for further replies.

floppy1

Technical User
Aug 7, 2009
GB
Hi

Miollab V9.7.0.5 with MBG V11.5.1.24 MIVB is 9.4

69xx and 5624 sets to be recorded. SIP trunks are not proxied on the MBG

MBG is in server / gateway config with set override address set to the external IP address of the MBG and ICP side set to the IP internal address of the MBG

We have set a MBG with SRC licencing and we want to record all sets so we have followed the instructions and I have set the MIVB DHCP option 125 to use the internal IP address of the MBG for the ICP and for the TFTP server

When we call via SIP trunks there is one way audio. It is the outgoing audio that cant be heard, the caller can be heard.

For now we have reverted the MIVB option 125 back as normal.

We do not have teleworker licences so we cant set all phones as teleworkers but surly we would not need to buy teleworker licences as we just want call recording and we have 25 SRC licences.

As for the 5624 phones it seems we will have to set there SIP Proxy IP address to the internal IP address of the MBG and also ensure to add the MBG as a proxy in the sip device capabilities form. Not tried this yet but going to as soon as the audio issue is resolved. It's difficult to test remotely and we don't have an engineer on site so any help is appreciated.

Thanks

If the MBG is your SRC, then the traffic has to route through the MBG for the SRC tap, either the phones or the trunks. So you either need to have the phones in TW mode through the MBG or proxy the SIP trunks through it.

Hi Lundah

Yep done that.

I have set the MIVB DHCP option 125 to use the internal IP address of the MBG as the ICP and as the TFTP server as per the help files extract below.

I am of course using the internal IP address of the MBG for ICP and TFTP as we don't have teleworker licences. The documentation is not that clear in this respect but I assume what I am doing is correct. I have one way audio via the SIP trunks, again these are not on the MBG.

" Selecting Sets to Record "
Internal MiNET phones can be pointed at MBG instead of MiVoice Business either automatically using DHCP or manually using the Teleworker setting.

All sets

Configure the DHCP server in your MiVoice Business/3300 ICP to supply the IP address of the MBG/SRC server to the phones as their ICP and TFTP addresses

or

Enable the pre-configured DHCP server supplied with the MSL server.

You said yourself that you don't have the licensing to put phones in Teleworker mode. For the SRC to work, either the SIP trunks need to proxy through the MBG, or the phones need to be connected to the MBG in Teleworker mode. Your original post said you were doing neither of these things. You need to do one of them.

I'm not sure that's what I said !

Mitel sold us a MiCollab and SRC solution and there was no mention of the need to purchase teleworker licences.

According to Mitel TS you don't need teleworker licencing to use the SRC on a MBG. If you set DHCP option 125 on the MIVB to use the internal IP address of the MBG for both the ICP and the TFTP this is sufficient as long as there is no NAT between the sets and the MBG.

From MBG help files below.

" Selecting Sets to Record "
Internal MiNET phones can be pointed at MBG instead of MiVoice Business either automatically using DHCP or manually using the Teleworker setting.

All sets

Configure the DHCP server in your MiVoice Business/3300 ICP to supply the IP address of the MBG/SRC server to the phones as their ICP and TFTP addresses

I can confirm that you can use DHCP option 125 to get the IP phones to register to the SRC MBG IP address but Lundah's suggestion will also work except you need TW licensing if accessing from the big wide world and not just internally. You can also set up each IP phone in TW mode and enter the internal IP of the SRC MBG as the TW address.

Have you got all your IP Phone subnets entered into the SRC MBG's local networking form? One-way audio is often a symptom of something being left out here. Also make sure these subnets are on any other MSL server in your mitel solution.

I assume internal calls have two-way audio.

I would check your MBG routing to the SIP provider. If your MBG is in gateway mode it may be trying to route incorrectly.

Can you elaborate on your SIP trunk. i.e. networking

Hi

Thanks all

The MBG is set to network edge as we have some MiCollab mobile softphones that do consume a teleworker licence. All subnets are in trusted networks along with the SIP trunk providers SBC and the routing IP address for the SIP traffic. The SIP trunks are not being proxied via the MBG they sit on the MIVB

The MiCollab mobile softphones do get two way audio internally and can call out / in via the SIP trunks with no issues but when I set option 125 on MIVB to use the MBG they along with the 69xx phones have one way audio via SIP trunks only outgoing audio works but when option 125 goes back to the MIVB all is ok ? The 69xx phones are not consuming a teleworker licence.

I am not sure if the 69xx phones have the audio issue calling internally I failed to confirm that with the user but I am going to try and set the DHCP back to use the MBG on Monday. I beleiev I can set up a host using the MAC addre4ss of a phone and assigning one phone to this with the modified option 125

There are a lot of phones and I don't really want to go around manually setting the internal IP address of the MBG and anyway I believe I mat still have the same issue ? Tis is why I am using the suggested method setting 125 to use MBG.

Can anyone confirm would setting a phone as teleworker pointing to the internal IP address of the MBG have the same effect of the DHCP option 125 change ? This would help me testing without effecting all phones ?

floppy1 said:
Can anyone confirm would setting a phone as teleworker pointing to the internal IP address of the MBG have the same effect of the DHCP option 125 change ? This would help me testing without effecting all phones ?

Yes. Static settings on an individual phone will override DHCP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back