Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Squirrelmail on QMail

Status
Not open for further replies.

southside

Technical User
Feb 9, 2004
GB
I have configured my Qmail Server down to a tee as per the QMR instructions. I can access the Squirrelmail login page via a web browser. When I attempt to login, the login errors with "Unknow user or password incorrect". The Username (adrian@domain.net) and password have been confirmed to that configured in vQadmin and Qmailadmin.

When I check the httpd access_log error log I get:
"192.168.1.4 - - [05/Apr/2005:13:54:06 +0100] "POST /src/redirect.php HTTP/1.0" 200 1171 " "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.2.1) Gecko/20030225"

Any help appreciated.

Was there any solution on this one? I have the same issue and triple checked the IMAP installation and configuration. I still cannot connect with Squirrelmail or through a client (Outlook) it gives me password is incorrect. I can telnet to the machine on 110 and 25 and I can login with the created users and passwords and it works fine.
Thanks for any help!

I setup Thunderbird to IMAP on the server itself and the login still fails.

I was able to get it to work... I had to remove dovecot and open port 143 on the server.

Thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back