Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Squirrel Labor 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbpirates

IS-IT--Management
Jan 26, 2004
US
How do you switch your payroll periods from bi-weekly to bi-monthly in Squirrel?

Also, in the Tip Module I try to update tips each night but I keep getting this message "Cannot add record to disk" then "Cannot find value in date base". What does this mean and how do I fix it? And then on my tip report, not all my employees are showing up?

Can you please help me?

Thanks

Start by reading the help screens by pressing ALT+H in the labour module.

I have already try the help screens (alt + H). I see where you can add to the pay frequency, but it wouldnt let you change the pay frequency for the jobs that already exists. And that what I want to do, is change the pay frequency for the jobs that already exists.

And in regards to the tip "thing", the help screens doesnt show anything about the error message - "cannot add record to disk" - " cannot find value in data base"

or anything about why some employees are not showing up on the tip report.

Does anyone know how two fix these two problems?

Thanks

I assume you have gotten this figured out, but you must do an End of All Periods in Labour before you can change your pay frequency.

"Cannot add record to disk" & "cannot find value in database" sound like you have deleted employees in the middle of a pay period, or it cannot find the day on the computer (i.e., you have moved the day off the computer before attempting to update).

Hope that helps.

Thank you carterh. I still havent figure out how to change the pay frequency. But with your help I believe all I have to do is wait for the end of the period of one of my payrolls - do my reports - and then run end of period all periods in labor. then change the frequency to 24

about the tip problem - "Cannot add record to disk" & "cannot find value in database" - How do I fix the problem? I dont know which error I did?

mbpirates,

As I said above, I think it has to do with deleting employees in the middle of a payperiod. However, tell me exactly when these errors occur, and maybe I can come up with a more precise answer.

Carter

First of all, thank you for your time. The error occurs after I shut down Squirrel and then I go to the Tip Module and click on UPDATE and then press ENTER when is shows the transaction date. Then it seems like it updates and then I get the error message. And when I run my tip report for payroll at the end of the pay period, not all my employees are showing on the report. How do I fix this? I really dont care about the error message, what I really want is ALL MY EMPLOYEES TO SHOW UP ON THE TIP REPORT.

Thanks

mbpirates,

Make sure that ALL your employees are in both your Labour module AND in your System Config->Employee File.

I don't know what kind of pay periods you use, but we do bi-weekly payrolls. Since we track all our accumulated payroll data in our accounting software, we don't try to keep any accumulating data in the Labour or Tip modules. Because of that, we can do an End of All Periods in both Labour & Tips every 2 weeks. That allows us to be able to delete inactive employees at that time, which is helpful.

Was there a change in your promo setup that wasn't defined in your tips module?

I belive when you configure a new promo you must enter into tips setup and define whether or not the promo is include or excluded within gross receipts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back