Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Squirrel Classic (ws5) Technical info wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkfader

Technical User
Nov 23, 2005
US
I recently came across a few squirrel systems being thrown away(?!) by a local resturant during renovation. It being (as I understand it) a text-based dumb terminal with touchscreen functionality meant to be run under dos (or the new NT based squirrel system using an adaptor and an SQL server). I figured i'd be able to locate a very basic diagram on how this thing communicates so that I might use it as a kiosk or somthing generic (non-pos).

Does anyone know where i can get this info or failing that, who i could sell this thing too (i got a printer or 2 as well) IT boots up fine, but i can't seem to get a serial interface working. Are the pinouts mangled to prevent usage with outer computers? I was unable to retrive the server.

Any info on how to send text to the terminal, what emulation it uses, what boot code if any is saught. Also how the touchscreen communication is implemented, along with any other perifials such as the card reader etc.

Thanks in advance for the help, sorry if this is offtopic. I'm hoping this terminal is old enough that some of the propriatary design might be somewhat known/open.

How much do you want for the terminals? just for the terminals

are they load the POST (power on self test)

where are you located?

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back