Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Squirrel Classic 3.2 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

skagitbrew

Technical User
Aug 4, 2005
US
This morning went to start POS and received the message;

CACHE INITIALIZATION ERROR: CACHE DOES NOT MATCH CURRENT DEALER SETTINGS.

My local reseller was no help and Squirrel/Sulcus won't call me back this century as I don't pay a thousand dollars a year for the once every three year problem.

Can anyone direct me to where in the system this problem might be? We are running this on Windows NT Serv Pack 4.

Charlie
Skagit River Brewery
360-421-3281

Hi,

Go to START>RUN>type in "CMD" and press enter
You will be in a DOS window at a DOS prompt

Type in SD2 and press enter -- this should take you to the Squirrel\data\tomorrow directory.

once there Type in the command DEALER and press enter and keep pressing enter until you are in the dealer configuration screen -- ESCAPE OUT & DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING

once you are back at the dos prompt, type EXIT

Go in and out of SYSTEM CONFIGURATION then try to start POS.

If this doesn't work -- then you can rename the CACHE.DAT and CACHE.IDX files in the Squirrel\BIN directory to *.OLD (moving them out of the way without deleting them)-- then do the same steps as above (running dealer & config), and try to start POS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back