Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

squirrel 3.5 performance on XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anabrew

Technical User
Jul 29, 2003
US
loaded squirrel version 3.5 on an IBM machine with XP. Credit cards now mask, but front of the house performance is SERIOUSLY degraded when performing back of the house functions ie labor etc...any ideas???

Change your idle sensitivity on all the back of house icons to high

Don't know how reliable XP is with 3.5....not supported or even tested at squirrel I believe. Squirrel 3.5 standardly runs on NT. Squirrel 4.0 was recently approved to work on XP, and of course the new graphical version works great on XP.

sc

enilc@yahoo.com

And I still stand by my previous post "Don't know how reliable XP is with 3.5." It's like taking the engine out of a Model T and putting it into a 2004 Ferrari (ok, maybe a 2002 Chrysler).

Best bet, if you're starting at a new site and don't want to drop the money into terminals...get set up for 4.0.

The General Release of build 3.50.45 contains 6 Fixed VI's and 2 Design enhancements for NT and XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back