Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Squirrel 10.2 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpinningSquirrel

Systems Engineer
Mar 21, 2022
US
Hi all! I am reinstalling Squirrel on a new dell machine and have run into a problem. This is the one customer that is not using chip cards and still running credit cards through the squirrel. I cannot get them to work though. I get an error "The Authorization System is not available; Check your Credit Card Setup." I check setup and it's exactly how it's setup on original machine (of course I use a database backup) I installed the First data driver, Jetty, but maybe I did something or forgot something...anyone remember how to do this?

Restart the Host Service.
If issue persists, check the following settings:
Ensure the Credit Card Auth System is set to AUTHORIZATION SYSTEM.
On the Host PC, navigate to Advanced Setup > Credit Card Setup.
In the For All Credit Cards window, the Credit Card Auth System is set to AUTHORIZATION SYSTEM.
Ensure the Merchant Number is set correctly.
Navigate to Advanced Setup > Merchant Setup.
Ensure the Merchant Number is not 0 or blank (If no Merchant Number is used or only Gift Cards are used, set to 1)
Shut Down the Business Day / Starting a New Business Day to update.
If issue persists, restart the PC.

Thank you! I must have had a corrupt file. I made a clone copy of a working system and installed the database over it and now it's working. Thanks again for your answer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back