Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

squares instead of fonts ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

djrez

Technical User
Jun 4, 2004
US
I installed font reserve 2.6.5. It is a font utility. Anyway, since then, I have been getting little squares instead of letters in documents. I uninstalled the program.
Now, I am doing my taxes with turbo tax, and the forms have squares instead of letters. I deleted and dragged and dropped the propr fonts from the turbo tax into my windows 98 font folder again, but the letters still aren't showing up in my tax documents. Please help!!

By the way, when I deleted them, I opened the turbo tax program and it said the fonts were missing. It told me how to get them off of the CD and put them in the fonts folder. It doesnt say they are missing anymore, but.....still no letters, only squares. ??

One other question. You don't see these documents as you make them. I noticed the squares after I filed my taxes! Is that the way they will show up on the IRS system or will they be correct? I don't know if I need to re- file.

Also, I think the squares appear where a character is not detailed in the font you are using. Preview the font by clicking on it - this will show you the missing characters - often numbers and punctuation. If this is the case, the only option is to use a properly completed font. My suggestions are what I would try myself. If incorrect, I welcome corrections to my rather limited knowledge. Andy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back