Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQLOLEDB, Stored Procedure returning record Set

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR4VB

Technical User
Jan 13, 2003
US
I have a stored procedure that Runs several queries creating a temp table. I then select from that temp table returning those rows into my RecordSet in a vbscript ASP.
It works just fine using the follow connection string:

Conn.ConnectionString = "driver={SQL Server};Server=Server;Database=Test;uid=Me;pwd=pass"
Conn.Open
Rs.Open SQL, Conn

When I switched to using SQLOLEDB I got the following error:
ADODB.Recordset error '800a0e78'

Operation is not allowed when the object is closed.

Here are the things I have tried:

Conn.ConnectionString = "Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=Server;" & _
"Initial Catalog=Test;User Id=Me;Password=pass;" & _
"Network Library=dbmssocn;"

Conn.Open
Rs.Open SQL, Conn or Conn.Execute(SQL)
tried changing or taking out the NetLib parameter from the connection string. I still get the same error. Also tried using Microsoft suggestion of using {Call Storedprocedure('parm','parm')} instead of an execute statment...same error results.

Is there something special you have to do when selecting from a temp table from a stored procedure then returning it?

MDAC Version is 2.8

All of my regular Select type SQL Queries work just fine using the SQLOLEDB connection string specified above...so far I am only having problems with this one stored procedure.

Thanks for any help.

JR

Add SET NOCOUNT ON at the top of your procedure? This stops the "x row(s) affected" messages being returned which OLEDB sees as extra recordsets.

--James

Awesome! Worked Great. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back