Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQLDBType.Image problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonDBurke

Programmer
Jun 20, 2001
US
Hi,
I'm uploading documents to a server using this type. Documents that fall under 4MB in size upload fine. Anything larger throws a Page Not Found Error. Here is the code I am using. Any help would be awesome! Thanks in advance, Jason.

string theFileName = Path.GetFileName(selectedFile.PostedFile.FileName);

Stream s = selectedFile.PostedFile.InputStream;

BinaryReader br = new BinaryReader(s);

int documentBufferSize = selectedFile.PostedFile.ContentLength;

byte[] document = new byte[documentBufferSize];

br.Read(document,0,documentBufferSize);

SqlCommand comInsertRecord = new SqlCommand("insert into " + theTableName + "(Document,UserName,DateSubmitted,DocumentType,filecomment,FileName,FileSize)Values(@Document,@UserName,@DateSubmitted,@DocumentType,@FileComment,@FileName,@FileSize)", connInsertRecord);

comInsertRecord.Parameters.Add("@Document",SqlDbType.Image).Value = document;
comInsertRecord.Parameters.Add("@DateSubmitted",SqlDbType.DateTime).Value = DateTime.Now.ToString();
comInsertRecord.Parameters.Add("@DocumentType",SqlDbType.NVarChar,80).Value = theDocType; comInsertRecord.Parameters.Add("@FileComment",SqlDbType.NVarChar,255).Value = theFileComment.ToString(); comInsertRecord.Parameters.Add("@UserName",SqlDbType.NVarChar,50).Value = theUserName.ToString();
comInsertRecord.Parameters.Add("@FileName",SqlDbType.NVarChar,80).Value = theFileName.ToString();
comInsertRecord.Parameters.Add("@FileSize",SqlDbType.BigInt).Value = theFileSize.ToString();

connInsertRecord.Open(); // Open the connection
comInsertRecord.ExecuteNonQuery(); // Execute the query
connInsertRecord.Close(); // Close the connection

s.Close();
br.Close();

The code seems to be Okay and I think the error is generated by the database table allocation.
Maybe your DBA find a solution.
-obislavu-

Agreed. Check the size restriction on that field in the DBMS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back