Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQLBase SYSADM password

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmillerflory

Technical User
May 31, 2018
US
A little background on the issue at hand: We have a really old version of ADP running on SQLBase version 7.5.1. I would like to shut down this server, but need the data off. I can login through SQLTalk via the SYSSQL user, but someone has changed the SYSADM password and no one here knows what it might be. I saw one thread where someone said you can dump a single table out using the SYSSQL user but all I have been able to get is the structure.

What options do I have to get this data into a usable format given the predicament that I am in?

Thanks for the help!
James

James
As SYSSQL you can still unload data and/or Schema. Here is the syntax followed by EXAMPLES:

UNLOADSyntax_g43ct4.jpg

Examples:

Unload the EMP and DEPT (data only) tables in SQL format.
UNLOAD DATA SQL personnel.sql EMP DEPT;
Unload the EMP table (data only) in ASCII format.
UNLOAD ASCII emp.asc EMP;
Unload the EMP table in DIF format. Table and data are unloaded:
UNLOAD DIF table.unl EMP;
Unload all tables and indexes belonging to the user who issues the command:
UNLOAD ALL mytables.uld;
Unload the entire EMPLOYEE database:
UNLOAD DATABASE emp.uld;
UNLOAD COMPRESS DATA SQL db.unl ALL ON SERVER LOG db.log;
UNLOAD SQL table.unl OVERWRITE t1 t2;
UNLOAD COMPRESS DATABASE db.unl ON SERVER; UNLOAD DIF table.unl;
Unload the entire database at the server using a control file located also at the server:
UNLOAD DATABASE CONTROL contrl1.fil ON SERVER;

GuptaSteveL

See us for all Gupta / Centura SQLWindows / SQLBase help at:

Thanks for the reply!

My process is as follows:
I start SQLTalk and click on Session then Connect. I enter the DB, username and password, and then connect. Going back to the main window I am typing in the commands listed. I first tried UNLOAD DATABASE pay4win.uld and got an error saying only SYSADM can do that. So then I tried UNLOAD ALL mytables.uld and it was successful. Looking at the file all I see is ALTER TABLE statements to add primary/foreign keys, no create table statements. I have then tried multiple variations of the first 3 commands to try to dump out 1 table at a time. I get an error saying the table is inaccessible. Am I missing a step in here somewhere? It feels like the SYSSQL user maybe has less access than the default SYSSQL user?

Thanks!
James

James

If you are seeing :

01436 DLU SEC Cannot unload inaccessible table

Reason: Attempt to unload a table without proper privileges.

Remedy: Obtain the required privileges from the table owner(s).

afraid it looks like either DBA auth has been removed from SYSSQL ( some do this for security ) , or
who ever owns the Table/s , has not granted rights to SYSSQL or Public .
Without the owners password in this case , I dont know how you get access to it . [sad]

Greetings from New Zealand !
GuptaSteveL

See us for all Gupta / Centura SQLWindows / SQLBase help at:

Hi,

Thanks for your help here! I guess we will have to go a different route to get this data.

Thanks!
James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back