Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQLBase => SQL Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstrong

MIS
Dec 18, 2000
GB
Hi all,

Have any of you had any experience of importing data from and SQLBase DB into a SQL Server?

At present I cannot see a way to do this as I have installed SQLBase OLE DB 1.0.0 (that I downloaded from onto the SQL Server but it fails to register the sqlbaseoledb.dll file which I presume is because it cannot find a local SQLBase DB.

The present solution is having SQLBase and Access on the same machine and then a macro linked table in Access to SQLBase. The SQL Server then uploads data from the Access DB.

Any idea's..?

Cheers,
Clive

The SQLOLeDB Provider 1.0.0 only works, if Centura SQLBase DB is present on the system...
Bye.

Is there no other ODBC driver which will allow me to go direct from SQL Server to SQLBase without using MS Access in between?

Thanks,
Clive

Importing can be done easily via an ODBC connection. Date issues require using a DTS to resolve.

We are doing it here we pull the data from SQLBase via RDO data extract. Then we move the data off to another server covert to varchar and bcp into the sql datbase.

Hope this helps.

I have exported a SQLBase to SQLServer by using DTS which comes with SQLSever. You need to create an ODBC connection to both databases to do this.

Problem reading Binary data from a long varchar column in SQLBase 7.5.1 using rdo odbc connectivity.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanx in advance
Jitendra

i have a very old application called Frequent Filer which works with a gupta software to connect to a very old oracle database on a very old novell netware server.i want to connect the database via odbc or in another way. does anybody got an idea??THANKS

We are exporting a large dataset with Varchars from a SQLBase server to a SQL Server. ODBC and DTS are too slow. We need to export to a flat file and then DTS into the SQL Server. Any thoughts on the best way to do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back