Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQLBase Error Code 9268

Status
Not open for further replies.

pto

IS-IT--Management
Feb 14, 2002
US
I cannot find any documentation on this error code. I would appreciate any help on resolving this error.

The following is an extract from the Centura utility which decodes the error codes:-

09268 GCI CCN Cannot connect

Reason: This error is currently undocumented.

Remedy: Contact your local Centura Software certified technical support center for assistance.

I've seen a lot of "undocumented" errors in working with Centura. What where you trying to do when you got this error?

Just trying to log onto the database via proprietory software called EZCap.

Was there ever a solution for this I have a similar problem and can't connect. Please contact on sam_masri@rslcommobile.com.au

We added a line in the sql.ini file where users=800, the problem was I had not enough user lic. we also increased the cache.

nine thousand series of error message generally points to network related.

How many sql.ini is on the workstation? also the path where the exes are executed from? Generally there should be only one sql.ini on a workstation.

GCI CCN is returned if an attempt to connect fails (e.g. a call to socket() in TCP/IP fails because there's no such IP address "visible").

Most likely there's a problem with the SQL.INI

Nik

I got the same error after uploading a new database onto our netdb server. Creating odbc links and adding them into the sql.ini files, then restarting the service got me going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back