Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sqlbase 7.6.0 service on Windows 2000 does not work 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueiman

Technical User
Jun 13, 2002
AU
the SQLBase engine does not run when I start the Sqlbase engine using the W2k Service (Automatic type when the Windows startup). Is anyone have the same problems with me? please share. thank you

That surprises me because I am running sqlbase 7.5.1 on a win2k server and have no problems at all.

You are probably missing the dbdir=<database_path> in the sql.ini file in the [dbntsrv] section.

Try editing the sql.ini file and add the following line:

[dbntsrv]
dbdir=<database_path>

If this line is missing the service will start, but SQLBase will not know what database to use.

Hi,

We have the same problem on two NT servers. Our original production machine and on a test box we recently installed NT Server and SQLBase 7.6.0

We had the dbdir=<database_path> in our [dbnt25srv] section but not in our [dbntsrv] section. We added it but it still fails with SQLBase 02101 &quot;Cannot close file&quot; when it trys to automatically start at system boot time.

If we start it manually, it starts fine.

mailto:John.Trembly@dpcdsb.org

John Trembly

Might be a problem with the service setting - Check what account SQLBase is running as a service - it should be system, not an actual user.

Yes the service is setup to use the default system account and to interact with the desktop. Even without the interact with desktop option selected, the service still fails to start up automatically. John Trembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back