Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL VIEWS IN ACCESS

Status
Not open for further replies.

francisbon

IS-IT--Management
Jun 6, 2000
MX
Hi there,<br>I am working in one of several projects whith temp tables but that give a lot of trouble if using in multiuser environment or if the db has to migrate...<br>Is there a way of imlementing VIEWS in ACCESS 97 or 2000?

Francis,<br><br>Have you had a look at Access Queries? They're a bit like views. <p>Mike<br><a href=mailto:michael.j.lacey@ntlworld.com>michael.j.lacey@ntlworld.com</a><br><a href= Cargill's Corporate Web Site</a><br>Please -- Don't send me email questions without posting them in Tek-Tips as well. Better yet -- Post the question in Tek-Tips and send me a note saying "Have a look at so-and-so in the thingy forum would you?"

I work with Oracle views in MS Access frequently.&nbsp;&nbsp;We first create the view in Oracle, then attach to it in MS Access the same as any Oracle table.&nbsp;&nbsp;The view needs to have permissions, etc. the same as any new table.&nbsp;&nbsp;The basic syntax for creating an Oracle view is:<br><br>CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW view_name<br>{<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;field1,<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;field2,<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;field3<br>}<br>AS<br>SELECT (continue with your SQL select statement that determines the view structure).<br>/<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back