Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sql temp table and crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckyboyz

Programmer
Mar 28, 2002
US
Is it possible to use temporary tables created in SQL 2000 as a data source with CR 8.0?

I wouldn't use the temporary table itself. Are you able to create stored procedures in SQL Server? If so, I would create a SP that then calls the temp table. This is the method I use whenever I have to create a temp table.

You can use temp tables, by definition they will be deleted though.

Or as oneill suggests you can create a temp table in an SP and then the last step in the SP selects from the table.

You might expand on your architectural question by fleshing out the details.

-k

That's kinda what I want to do. I have an sp that creates the temp table. But I think I need to refernce the temp table instead to the sp because of the basic problem I'm having. Using an "sp" my imagine fields (sql server 2000)I get an error "Not supported" when I execute the report. The image fields work fine when I use Tables. The problem with tables are that they are slower than a stored procedure. So I'm trying to correct the problem by combining the speed of an "sp" with the functionality of the image_fields working tables.... did you follow all that?

Since CR 8 is no longer supported, I can't help much more.

There may have been a service pack that addressed this, perhaps you can locate the most recent from someone.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back