Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Stored Procedures and passing text related to a variable

Status
Not open for further replies.

trueharted

Programmer
Feb 12, 2002
US
I'm not sure if this is a Crystal Reports issue or if I just need to know how to pass something from the Stored Procedure side.

Is it possible to pass text related to a variable in a stored procedure to the resulting parameter's "prompting text" in a Crystal report? The parameter in the Crystal report is grayed out except for the prompting text field (which is blank), but when you enter something in it, save, close then reopen the report it doesn't keep it.

I have a stored procedure that passes two variables @from_date and @days to my Crystal report (as parameter fields, populating the name of the parameter with the name of the variable and the value type, aka data type, with the data type of the variable). The parameters in Crystal {?@from_date} and {?@days} need prompting text but trying to add it in Crystal isn't working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back