Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Server registration in EM

Status
Not open for further replies.

icn2pcs

IS-IT--Management
Oct 2, 2001
US
I'm am trying to export data from one server to another using DTS. The version is SQL 7.0 on a PDC and the same for the member server and the os is NT4. I want to export from PDC to Member Server. The problem that I am having is tyring to register the servers in Enterprise Manager. I keep getting a ConnectionOpen()) error, or a general network error or an access denied error. I have double checked permissions both on the NT level and SQL level. What am I missing?

Hi!

If SQL Server NT service is running under account that have no rights in the network domain, you will not be able to access any network resources. Make account for SQL Server that is a registered used in the network domain with limited access rights to allow just comnnecting to another SQL Server. You can do this by running services window from the control panel, fund SQL Server service and change its properties after stopping it.

HTH.
Vlad Grynchyshyn
vgryn@softserve.lviv.ua
The professional level of programmer could be determined by level of stupidity of his/her bugs

Even I tried this on my m/c and got the same error. But I remember that before I was not knowing sql server I have done this . Please take any of the good suggestion and try .

Thanks for the suggestions, its nice to know that people do read the postings. But the way I got it to work was that in the client configuration(ODBC) I changed it to point to the server that was needing to be registered. Bada-Boom Bada-Bing worked like a charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back