Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Server Profiler - ghost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jballum

MIS
Jul 10, 2000
CA
I was using the profiler as a client asked me to trace the app he was using. At every SQLTransaction point (under the Event Class) all that was shown was 'Ghost' whereas usually I would be able to see the actual SQL statement(s) being issued (ie. Select field1 from table1 where....).

Is this some sort of encrypted SQL that SQL 7 understands? If not what is it? I haven't been able to locate anything about it at all in documention.

Thanx

JB

I am receiving some strange reference to Ghost in my server daily log. Here is an example .....

Module(sqlservr+0004182F) (GhostExorciser::ExpungeGhostedRows(class SDES *,struct INDEX const *,struct BUF * &)+00000089)

I have no idea what is causing it. Have you had any luck on the profile issue?

I haven't.

This might help though, the application running against the database that I am profiling is JDEdwards. I am pretty sure this is some security thing so that nobody can trace what all the secrets are of JDEdwards ;-)

If there is anyone that has had any experience with JDEdwards they might be able to shed some light on this.

JB

Not sure this is JDE specific, I've noticed on my profiler and was just about to post a query to try and find out what it was - any luck ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back