Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sql server help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basel

Technical User
Sep 20, 2002
CA
i have a DB work on access i convert this DB to sql sever. I need to make a log file that save the nt user name and the ip adress of his Pc for each transaction he did.and i need it to be done by a triger on all the tables .Plese help me in that.

You can use the SUSER_SNAME macro to get the User Name and the HOST_NAME macro to get the machine ID.

HTH

William
Software Engineer
ICQ No. 56047340

I try this but it give me the name that he use to login in the SQL Server and this will not help me becuse all the system user use the same login name and password to logon sql so i need to know there NT user name that they use to logon the network .
plzzzzzzzzzzz help me asap if there is any solution

Sorry :-(, I can't help you anymore on this one as I don't know enough about SQL Server. However, I've no doubt that someone in here will know the answer.

William
Software Engineer
ICQ No. 56047340

Have you tried setting up an NT group and setting the permissions in SQL server the same as the SQL login then tell your users to login via NT authentication instead of using SQL the SQL login.

The best way to get them to do this is then to deny the permissions to the SQL login.

Have you tried setting up an NT group and setting the permissions in SQL server the same as the SQL login then tell your users to login via NT authentication instead of using SQL the SQL login.

The best way to get them to do this is then to deny the permissions to the SQL login.

Regards,

Justin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back