Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Server -> MS Access ODBC Question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

arniec

Programmer
Jul 22, 2003
US
I have a SQL server set up and want to create an Access Database which will reside on a network share and hit the SQL Server. It is pointing to the SQL server through an ODBC connection. This database will be used by dozens of people; is there any way to get it set up where I do not have to manually install the ODBC connection on each of their XP machines? Can it be set up in the Access file itself and then anyone who hits the Access file would be able to reach the SQL Server?

Thanks!

That code is very interesting. I have some other cases where it will come in quite handy, but it appears to be using code to do this. Can these connections be used to create linked tables in Access?

Thank you!!!!!!!!!! I appreciate you taking the time to help me.

The code is creating linked tables in the MDB file where the code is run. After the link is established it is saved with the MDB app. When you copy the MDB to another PC the link is already established in the MDB.

Works wonderfully, THANK YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back