Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Server Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

lori25

Programmer
Oct 5, 1999
CA
We created an application using VB6, Report Designer Component, and MS-Access. The Access database was stored on the client's network (Novell Netware 3.12). Upon installing the application on the client's computers, we discovered that the newer PCs would generate all reports without error; however, the older PCs would generate a SQL Server Error and exit out. Since it works on newer machines, we think it may be a hardware problem. We have installed more RAM, but this doesn't seem to do the trick. When we store the database on the local, older PC, the reports are generated without problems. If anyone has run into this problem, can you please tell me if you have found a solution? We are going to try installing a newer network card next....

Dear Lori,<br>
I have had a problem with errors on Crystal Reports that have run in the past but will not run since loading new software on my machine. It turned out to be certain .dll versions. The dll files are:<br>
<br>
sqlsrv32.dll<br>
p2lodbc.dll<br>
p2sodbc.dll<br>
<br>
Check the versions of these files on the machines that work and compare them with the older machines.<br>
<br>
Hope this helps. lindac. <A HREF="mailto:l_castner@yahoo.com">l_castner@yahoo.com</A>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back