Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Server does not exist or access denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

jizviz

Programmer
Oct 13, 2002
US
HELP!!!! Just installed MSDE2000A on an xp home pc I have TCPIP enabled. I can create an ODBC connection on the same pc were MSDE2000A resides. I can not connect from any other pc on the network. I have been searching the internet for 8 hours and have had no luck. I am new to msde2000 but have had no problems setting up SQL server 7 in the past. I don't know if it is a user name issue or what? Very frustrated. I would appreciate any advice

How do you connect?
Using Windows Authentication or SQL Server one?
keep in mind that 'sa' account is turned off by default.

Borislav Borissov
VFP9 SP1, SQL Server 2000/2005.
Microsoft MVP VFP

I have been trying both methods. I have setup a user account on the XPHome machine. I am working on a small workgroup. I have added the user account to the SQL Server Login as well as the database users. I have tried using the SA account aswell with no luck. I know I can connect to the XPHome pc because I can map a drive to it. I also see the SQL Server listed in the drop down of my ODBC dialog box. But I just don't know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

Try the suggestions in this FAQ.

faq962-5481

-George

"The great things about standards is that there are so many to choose from." - Fortune Cookie Wisdom

Thanks to all I finally got it to work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back