Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sql Server Connection issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBDivaAuto

IS-IT--Management
May 9, 2017
US
I have an internal and external SQL Server. The External is working great. I am able to write and read to/from...

The Internal has an IP address and port, I have created Windows users on the server and gave those users security permissions of db.owner / admin. I set up the Connection to reflect the port, allow remote connections, etc (this server works for another piece of appware so I know it's possible), checked the firewall and set rules for the TCP/UDP.

I can Telnet and ODBC into the server from the outside fine. However, when using a connection string in VB/ASP .net it will not work with the IP address/sa credentials (same credentials that do work with Telnet and ODBC). I have also turned on the SQL Server Browser.

Anything I could be missing???

Yes - of course. I think maybe my internal security is still somehow blocking. I am going to write a mini program and stick it on external server and run it and see if it's that.

Can you show the connection string you are using?

-George
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
My Blogs
SQLCop
twitter
"The great things about standards is that there are so many to choose from." - Fortune Cookie Wisdom

Public Shared connection2 As String = "server=IPaddress,1433;Database=SAPC;User ID=myuser;Password=myPwd;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back