Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Server and Pervasive

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsanto17

IS-IT--Management
Mar 14, 2005
US
I currently have a SQL 2000 server in house that takes care of our database needs. We just purchased Peachtree 2008 which uses pervasive. Since Peachtree 2008 is no longer supported on Novell i will have to move it to a MS box. The only box i have that can handle its requirments is our SQL box. Does anyone know if I will have any problems running both platforms on one box. I just heard back from Peachtree support and they told me no problem but for some reason i am not too sure about that. Can anyone confirm either way?

Thanks

Nick

SHouldn't be a problem as long as the box can handle both processes. On my dev machine, I've had SQL 2005, PSQL, MySQL, and Postgres for quite some time. I don't use all of them at the same time but do use them frequently.
I've seen others use both MS SQL and PSQL on the same box without any problem.

Mirtheil
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

I can second Mirtheil's post.

Right now my WinXP desktop is running both SQL Server 2005 and Pervasive 8.7. My WinXP laptop is running SQL Server 2000 and Pervasive 8.7 also.

In both cases, I have a SQL based accounting system and a Pervasive based accounting system (different versions) and frequently have both applications open at the same time on either machine.

I also have clients that run SQL and Pervasive on their server, both at the same time and with no ill effects.

Lyle U

I also can confirm that both can run at the same time on the same system. I have both on my laptop, and they both start as services when I boot it. No problems noted.

The only possibility of trouble that I can see would be if the server's resources are not adequate for both packages. My laptop has 1 GB of RAM and an Athlon-64 CPU, so that's not a problem for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back