Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Server and Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

handlebars

Technical User
Feb 18, 2003
GB
I have a fair amount of experience programming access (VBA, DAO and SQL), but have recently been given a project working with SQL server and cannot even work out how to put parameters into queries (or views).

Does anyone know of any good sites with practical examples?

I have found that the help files are not geared at all towards access, so really I need a book that is only on Access & SQL Server.

Thanks in advance.

Andrew

Here is a great step by step article on stored procedures:

In general these 4 guys from Rolla are pretty good about basic needs.

One big suggestion.... stop thinking Access. The basic structuring of a database is the same, of course. It is not like you will have to relearn everything. You will have to relearn how to interact with the data though. It really is different.

HTH
Eva

Here's where I started way back when...

Professional SQL Server Development with Access 2000
by Rick Dobson, Published by Wrox Press Ltd.

It is primarily centered around SQL7 & Access 2K but it still all applies. Access 2002 and up have a much tighter integration with SQL 2K but the generation of stored procedures, usage of parameters, and VBA coding are the same.

The book does a good job of covering the whole gambit.

Good Luck.

ttba

Useful Reference Books for SQL Server Professionals faq183-3324

Shows lots of good references for SQL Server. You might be especially interested in the books on stored procedure programming. The book mentioned above is also a good reference.

Questions about posting. See faq183-874

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back