Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Schema

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingE

MIS
Nov 4, 2002
US
On oracle you can have multiple schemas within a single database. How does Microsoft do this with SQL? is there a recommended way? or is everything thrown into one database and owners are used to manage the relevant tables.

I currently have three sql databases and have been told by my Oracle DBA that it would be better to be all in one database but in three schema's. The three are queried by multiple applications.

any help appreciated

KingE

MCP, MCSE-NT4.0

Hi,

The SQL Server equivalent of Oracle schema is a Database. u can create all ur SP's,views etc inside a database, same way as u do in a oracle schema...
So, I think what u have is right, 3 databases in SQL server which is equivalent of 3 schemas in Oracle DB

Hope it helps

Sunil

thats what i thought when I couldn't find any info on sql schema. I found a migration document that explains the database definitions between oracle and sql that helped as well

thanks

KingE

MCP, MCSE-NT4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back