Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL reporting: Connect ODBC error

Status
Not open for further replies.

hambo12

Technical User
Dec 16, 2003
AU
Hi all,

I am having some issues with connecting a progress database to SQL reporting services via ODBC.

I can connect to the DB through Windows ODBC. The connection does not use a username or password. This I think is where the problem is.

I try to connect to the ODBC connection through SQL by adding a shared datasource. However, I get the following error message, presumably because it requires a username and password:

"Insufficient information to connect to the datasource"

I have tried adding blank uid and pw in the connection string with no luck.

Any ideas??

When you say 'I can connect to the DB through Windows ODBC' do you mean you have tested the connection. If not create a .udl file and test connection.

What is the text of the connection string?

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Me neither.

Hi and thanks for the info so far.

Below is the connection string I use in SQL reporting services (the same I use to connect via Windows ODBC):

Dsn=QAD2008;host=rdadmqad01;port=7110;db=mfglive;uid=SYSPROGRES

I have connected through Administrative Tools > ODBC without credentials, however SQL reporting gives me the "insufficient information" error...

I would still suggest using a .udl to test your connect string.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back