Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL replication from DMZ not in Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

surzycki

IS-IT--Management
Feb 9, 2002
FR
Hello all,

I have a small problem, is it possible to do a sort of backup or replication (push subscription more accurately) from a server in the LAN under the domain to a server in the DMZ not under the domain??? If anyone has an answer, clue, statement, or criticism (ie you stupid twit why do you want to do that?) Please let me know.

Stefan

ok ill bite, why would you want to do that?

I think you can do a push subscription that way. if you manually add the subscriber and have the connection to it open. It might work. If you want a backup, you could do one to the network, then copy it over to that machine.

Thanks for biting,

The reason I would like to do that is because I am having (and I know this is not normal but the sys admin is at a loss for this one as well) a problem with the firewall for the dmz. That is DB requests (simple ones) through the firewall are taking up to 1 minute!!!! I am not a sys admin but I know this is bizzare, therefor I would like to put the DB (one of them, a copy) out in the DMZ with the Web server, and do a push through the firewall, so that the client and the other DB will talk normally and not this one minute stuff....

Stefan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back