Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Quiz 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi colinM,

The quiz is very good for the DBAs. I had just gone through a few questions, but i am afraid of telling you that i was unable to answer any question correctly.

The best thing i found in this quiz is that it explains why the correct answer is really "CORRECT".

I know how you feel!
The first few are more hardware based, but I learned some useful info out of the answers being explained.

I enjoyed the test (it would have helped knowing there were 20 questions, because I started becoming impatient towards the end).

A couple of the hardware questions (the ones I missed, anyway ;-) ) I thought were not that cut-and-dry, and while the reasons given for the "correct" answer are indeed correct, there isn't always enough info (say, from the Profiler analysis) to automatically rule out the other answers.

I missed two or three of the query optimization questions, and I really appreciated the corrections. Without giving away an answer, I think I learned something valuable about indexes on null columns.

I think I did fairly well only because I've taken the Microsoft Designing and Implementing Databases exam (70-029), which required a lot of study and practice, and the scenarios are not unlike what you can expect an that exam.
Robert Bradley
Sr. DBA, some big company
cheap prints and oil paintings:

Nice John Fill
1c.bmp

ivfmd@mail.md

excellent!

definetly learnt something there, i'm off to put default values on all my null values... :)

i think we should all report our scores to a central site, and whoever has the most right gets a little star!

seriously, though, I thought it was a great little test.... Paul

loved it. thanks colin.

Hi
It did make my day! I did try the tests before i joined this forum, its great and no matter how much you read u still got to something to learn everyday.

I missed 2, i got the rest right :)

dbtech

great quiz...
those hardware question were somewhat standard MS questions, but learned a few new tricks.

And in addition to this quiz I can recommend Course 2073
MS Course....very good course where you learn about indexes, sp, xp, how to tune and force the DB to do what you want etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back