Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL query

Status
Not open for further replies.

IANGRAND

Technical User
Jul 29, 2003
GB
I have a Textbox (Text156) which calculates the row number that I need to find using the following code:
=DLookUp("[CountOfExpr1]","COUNT_HOURLY_AVERAGE_DAYS")*0.0022

I then have a SQL query, which I am attaching to mousemove on Textbox157. This query is:

select top 1 * from (Select top 19 * from mytable order by myfield desc) as T1 order by myfield asc

But I want to replace 19 with the value currently found in Text156.

Any suggestions

Cheers

Ian Grand

Hi
[t]
select top 1 * from (Select top Me!Text156.Text * from mytable order by myfield desc) as T1 order by myfield asc

[tt]
:)

Skip,

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884

Ive inserted the code you suggested, the query looks like:

SELECT TOP 1 *
FROM [Select top Me!Text156.Text * from HOURLY_AVERAGE order by AvgOfNO2 desc]. AS T1
ORDER BY AvgOfNO2;

However, on running the code the following error is produced:

The select statement includes a reserved word or statement that is mispelled or missing, or the punctuation is incorrect.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Ian

If you are running this in VBA (which likely you are if it is mousemove) then you need to set apart the text field like a variable (at least this is what I do):

select top 1 * from (Select top " & Me.[Text156] & " * from mytable order by myfield desc) as T1 order by myfield asc

HTH

Solas989 the code you suggested doesn't work....any ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back