Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Query Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

FJBoy

Programmer
Feb 27, 2007
GB
i'm creating a project in vb.net with MS Access database, I've got a form to return a cd by just entering the cds id.

What i want it to do is add a fine to the user if the movie is late and then add it. So i know i need to times the price by dayslate then add it to. I have 4 tables and these are

Rent table contains:

cd_id, Member_id, date rented, datedueback, returnedDate, dayslate

cd table:

cd_id, title, price_band

price band:

price_band, price, daysRent

Member:

Member_id, name, fines, noof_cds_rented

what would the SQL be to do this?

Change of plan guys was making it to complicated for myself. What i'm going to do is have two SQL querys.

What i need to do is just get the the price of the cd being returned. For this i will need to look up the priceband of the cd in the cd table, then get the price of the priceband table. Then to work out the fine i will just create an int with the sum of # of dayslate by the price

Then what i plan to do is have an UPDATE sql that takes the member_id from the previous sql dataset i created and add the int i created to that member.

Thanks for any help in advanced guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back