Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayaraja174

Technical User
Apr 23, 2005
AU
This question is for yyrkroon

You mention in a pervious thread Under Default Password that when you don't know the sysadmin password, you can hack into the BLUE DB and rewrite the user profile.

Is it possible to let me know how you can hack into the BLUE DB.

Thanks

There's a few inherent danger in doing this.

1. you could corrupt the blue database
2. there are several tables in the blue db that houses the same information, making changes to the wrong one and you're reloading the server
3. could be quite costly if your vendor or nortel finds out you created the problem.

My recommendation is to either contact your vendor or Nortel if you're the vendor and have them recover it for you. Nortel and some vendors have a utility that can reset the password within seconds after getting into the system.

Going this route, the liability lies in the person making the changes/rest and not you.

sorry, I couldn't be more help.

I know how to navigate the BLUE Database. To get into the DATA BAse I nned the password. I thought you might know this in a back way to hack into the database

Did you ever find the password for sa? I'm trying to get in to my database as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back