Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL OLEDB - Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

timferris

IS-IT--Management
Feb 20, 2001
GB
Hi there

I have a report which is coming off a stored procedure using SQL server connection which has a field longer than 255 chars. The report field cuts out after 255 chars. Crystal website told me to convert the driver to SQL OLEDB which I did and it runs fine......but i have to keep logging in to the server.

So I decided to recreate the report from scratch with SQL OLEDB as the connection and my stored procedure has a numerical suffix on the end. ie. 'usp_ReportMain;1' and then it can't run...........

Any ideas??

the suffix i think indicates that the SP requires a parameter. i dont think this is you problem. i run reports on sp with more than 356 characters no problem. does the report work in crystal. if so what is your code to call it.

Hi Mike

There are actually five parameters inside my stored procedure (and they can all be null if necessary).

I don't have any problems calling it when the driver is p2sql.dll, but when i convert the driver to sqloledb.dll then it doesn't recognise the name of the stored procedure cos it has the 1 suffix.

In your reports with more than 255 chars what sort of driver are you pulling off? Is the recordset a stored procedure?

Tim

It is a stored procedure. i use the p2sql.dll driver. i donot use a dsn. are you including the suffix when pass ing the stored proc?

Where are you calling your report from? (Web,VB,etc...)
VB uses the StoredProcParam(x), and the Web uses Prompt0.

Are you passing a connection string?

We have had times when the report has corrupted and we needed to recreate it, and we have also had time when Seagate have provide a solution and it was incorrect, so dont belive everything they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back