Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQl Mail Issue Help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tecknogeek

Technical User
Mar 31, 2006
Hello,
I can't send e-mail notifications or alerts in SQL 2005. I can send e-mails fine in outlook. I've tried everything to send a message with SQl mail and still come up with this message:

Date 6/28/2007 5:39:41 PM

Log Database Mail (Database Mail Log)

Log ID 352

Process ID 984

Last Modified 6/28/2007 5:39:41 PM

Last Modified By NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

1) Exception Information

===================

Exception Type: Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.Common.BaseException

Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal

TargetSite: Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.Controller.ICommand CreateSendMailCommand(Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.DataAccess.DBSession)

HelpLink: NULL

Source: DatabaseMailEngine

StackTrace Information

===================

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.Controller.CommandFactory.CreateSendMailCommand(DBSession dbSession)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.Controller.CommandFactory.CreateCommand(DBSession dbSession)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.Controller.CommandRunner.Run(DBSession db)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.IMailProcess.ThreadCallBack.MailOperation(Object o)
-----------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone seen this before? How can I resolve my issue?
Thanks,
Tecknogeek

Did you set up your database to use SMTP? Did you apply the correct credentials to the SMTP server?

- Paul
- If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything.

Paul,
I thought I did. How do I verify the database is using SMTP correctly? As far as the credentials go for the SMTP server I have no problems sending or recieving mail in outlook.
Thanks,
William

database mail doesn't have anything to do with outlook any longer so thats not a good test.

Go into the properties of your account. Make sure the ports is right, server name etc...

[sub]____________ signature below ______________
You are a amateur developer until you realize all your code sucks.
Jeff Atwood[/sub]

Right click on your database mail icon in SSMS and try to send a test email. Does that work. If not then you have a problem with the configuration of your database mail.

did you configure your Outlook client to use SMTP? If you didn't then outlook is most likely using exchange. Which is a different service.

- Paul
- If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back