Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Loader Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

CodeLover55

Programmer
Oct 16, 2002
US
I am trying to load data into a table which has a column name called "30_day_cycle". The sql loader fails with an error message "Illegal combination of non-alphanumeric characters".
Is there a way I can have SQL loader successfully load the data into this column without changing the column name in the table ?

Note - I tried to put the column name in the control file within double quotes but that failed too !!!

Can you let us know the format of the column on the table, the CTL file and the type of data it fails on?

In the table the column is 30_day_cycle NUMBER(5,2).
In the Control file, its 30_day_cycle DECIMAL EXTERNAL.
The data being loaded in this column ( coming in the data file ) is 0 ( i.e. Zero )

I know its something to do with the name of the column in the control file because when I change the name to m30_day_cycle, it works fine !!

HI,
So how did you manage to get Oracle to accept a column name starting with a number? ( I suspect a migration from
SqlServer or Access ) .. you may have to rebuild that table with a new name for the column to allow sqlldr to work..
I imagine that in SqlPLus you use "" around the column name.

[profile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back