Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Loader Error - Commit point reached - logical record ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbag

IS-IT--Management
Oct 19, 2003
US
Hi,
I am getting an error while loading data through SQLLOADER.

Commit point reached - logical record count 12160

When this started, I typed control-c and aborted the process.
It has not even loaded 1/4th of the data that is needed. Can anybody suggest me how to resolve this problem.
Also, I want to know who is doing what-basically session activity. Can anybody sugeest me how to get this info.
I am using Oracle-9i on RedHat Linux system.
Thanks

Commit point reached - logical record count 12160
This is an error message? It's telling you it did a commit after loading 12160 records. If you have more records, you will receive more than one of these messages. Let it run!

Oh, Thanks. I was worrying that this would be a error
message regarding the log. I thought long-transaction may happen and stop the server and hence I stopped.
Now it has run successfully.
thanks

Hi,
Not to be a crab, but reading the docs before doing a data load for the first time is generally a good idea..

[profile]

I have the same problem. But it's after 64 records. My import file has 42k rows.

But it doesn't keep going. It just stops and returns me to the command line prompt.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back