Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL License Key Integration

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxprox558

Programmer
Oct 19, 2013
US
Hello, once again. I would like to write a simple-license key validation that will run from my DryCleaning program to my SQL server on my computer (It should not be over-complicated, I have a static IP) with an SQL table that has only 4 fields per record:
1-Key Code
2-Active/Inactive
3-How Many times it can be used
4-How many times it's been used.
I have no experience with SQL, any help would be much obliged.

What exactly do you want to know?

You mentioned a static IP address. Are you asking how to find the IP address of the computer on which your program is running? If so, this might help:
If that's not what you want to know, perhaps you could clarify your question.

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

No, I don't need the IP of the remote at all. I HAVE the IP of the host (Me) but I need the Remote (Them), each time the program opens, to check the entered license key (Stored on THEIR local system) if it is valid for the Host (My System). But I don't know how to work SQL at all, that's what I'm asking.

But I don't know how to work SQL at all, that's what I'm asking

OK, so your question has got nothing to do with licence keys or IP addresses. You want to know how to "work SQL". Is that right?

If so, that's a very vague question. SQL is a complete language in its own right, integrated into VFP. It is also the language used by the majority of back-end database servers, such as MySQL and Microsoft SQL Server. You can access these databases from VFP via a variety of methods.

I suggest you read the relevant topics in the Help file. Then, if you have any specific questions, come back.

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

Using your computer for checking license keys has more to it than learning SQL or setting up an SQL Server. You have to learn about security and other stuff. This is nothing you do that way, license checking is something I would always solve by using a third party product and the expert knowledge inside it.

Bye, Olaf.

Do not expose SQL Server to the Internet. You're asking for trouble. That means you have to find a different way of doing this. Look at web services.

Craig Berntson
MCSD, Visual C# MVP,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back