Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL keeps stopping?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 11, 2002
US
I am having a small problem i cant figure out. I am running a SQL 2000 Enterprise and i now nothing about. It is running on a windows 2000 machine and has all the latest service packs for all the OS and for SQL. Everytime I try to restart SQL server it will start for a few seconds and then stop. All the help would be greatly appreciated.

Jim Poor

Check you event viewer and see if theres some kind of relevant message to do with SQL in there.

The only time i've had this problem is when i hadn't registered my server correctly! Dave

Theres nothing worse than an idea when its the only one we have!

You can view the SQL Server error logs with any text editor. Open the latest error log. It is usuall in Drive:\mssql\log\errorlog where drive is your SQL data drive.

Which Windows 2000 OS are you running? Terry L. Broadbent - DBA
Computing Links:
faq183-874 contains "Suggestions for Getting Quick and Appropriate Answers" to your questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back