Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sql Join

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwb3d

Programmer
Aug 29, 2002
US
Can someone help me.

I have a need to join a table from a MSAccess database
with a table in a Oracle database using VBScript and ADO. If can be done using a sql join please provide me with the
correct syntax.

Thanks

This question belongs in a SQL forum, but...

You are asking the impossible. No DBEngine exists that can dynamically link non-native data sources for a SQL join.

I may be speaking out of my hat, but I have had a lot of success working with Microsoft Access, and ODBC links to relational databases.

I have in the past, linked Microsoft SQL Server tables into Aceess. I am able to change the content, and create joins with tables in Access.

I do not have the tools to create the situation discribed above, but an approach I would take would be to link both tables from Sql Server, and Oracal in Access, then create the join in MS Access's Query tool. From the query output, you can select this within ASP.

On a limited baises, I have had success performing this operation. I would be interested in learning if you were able to get it to function this way.

An alternative would be to IMPORT both tables from the native databases into MS Access independantly, then create your join in Query tool, then select against it. Not the perfect solution, but it is a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back