Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL inquiry into MS CRM

Status
Not open for further replies.

papic

Technical User
Oct 15, 2003
FR
Hi All,

I am a new on this forum because my main interests are Avaya Media Serves. Currently I am involved in project of integration MS CRM with Avaya IVR application called Voice Mail Pro.
I have SQL software connector for integration my IVR system with third party date bases, in this case it would be MS CRM DBs but software guys state that is impossible to make SQL inquiry to BDs of MS CRM because it can be done only through CMR application, with other words DBs of MS CRM are closed for external application like Voice Mail Pro application.

Is it true? Does anyone know something about that?

I appreciate any kind of advice.

Thanks in advance.

Alex

Hi Alex,

it is always suggested that you can't access the SQL database of CRM directly, but that's not true. I use an ODBC link from Access to create some simple reports directly on the database tables. I hope this helps you.

Regards, Yvonne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back