Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Image into a Access 2003 Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

timb94

Programmer
Apr 20, 2004
US
I have searched for this and have not come up with an answers.

I have a SQL table that contains an image(blob) field and I'm trying to get this to display in an Access 2003 report image control.

I know I have to put the path or image in the .picture method of the image control and I have done this with an .gif file but I can't figure out how to do it with a SQL field. Is the image control best for this or is there another control that I should be using?

Has anyone else had any sucess in doing this and if so could you please pass on how it was accomplished? Also if anyone knows of any web sites that may help me out on this I would appreciate it.

Thanks again for any assistance.

Thanks lupins46 for your reply.

After I posted my question here I found a piece of code on another site which has almost the same code that your site references. I'm going through it now to see if I can make any sense out of it and how difficult it would be to implement.

I was hopeing for an easier way around this but my research so far says no. You would think you could link it just like any other data field but I guess that would be to easy. So much for the nature of the BLOB beast.

I also tried something in Crystal 11 but so far no luck.

Thanks again for your reply and take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back