Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
im quite new to VC++ and iv just completed chapter 4 in the intro to ms VC++ 6.0 (ivor Hortons).

my question is how do i do SQL Queries once the session has been started.

for example

in the class definition the line

hr = CCommand<CAccessor<CProducts>::Open(session,&quot;Select * From Products&quot;, &propset);

what i want to do is when a button is pressed in the dlg (say a button called IDC_SORT)sort the results or an other command. I know most of the SQL commands i just need to know how i call them mid flow of the program and not just on the opening of the table.

if this makes sense please let me know the answer because that book that comes with VC++ standard edt. is good but is a bit vauge.

thanks for any help

I'm not sure if you're asking about which ADO command to use (I assume that's what you're using) or how to handle a Windows message triggered when a button is clicked?
Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back