Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL for Security Domain info???

Status
Not open for further replies.

job1

Technical User
Mar 12, 2004
US
Hi

I need to fetch the details of Users access to Application, Documents, Repository. I learnt it is possible to get it by using print command in Supervisor, can anyone provide me the SQL to get these details from the repository tables. (Any document reference will also help me)

Thanks.

AFAIK up till version 6.1a there is no logging available within the repository...

Ties Blom
Information analyst
tbl@shimano-eu.com

My requirement is to get the details of each user access to the document, universe, repository and to the applications, similarly need to know the universe they have access. Can these details be queried from the repository tables? I am using V 5.1

This is what I am looking as the output.

ActorName Domains
----------------------------
U1 Document
U1 Universe
U2 Document
U3 Universe

ActorName Universes
----------------------------------
U1 Universe1
U1 Universe2
U2 Universe1
U3 Universe1
U4 Universe1

Documents
---------------------------------
U1 Document1
U1 Document2
U2 Document1
U3 Document1
U4 Document1

Applications
--------------------------------
U1 BusinessObjects
U1 WebIntelligence
U2 BusinessObjects
U2 WebIntelligence

-TIA

job,

You could benefit from the ManagerO.unv that exists. This is a universe over the BO repository itself...

Ties Blom
Information analyst

Hi Ties

I went thru MangerO.unv, I could find details regarding universe and its objects in it and not able to find any user related information which is my requirement. Could you please comment on this.

-TIA

No one can give you a report that does user information. The problem is that every repository is different. Any SQL you could get would require that every user is stored at the same level deep within folders.

The Print capability of Supervisor does a very nice job of this. Try it and see what you can figure out.

Steve Krandel
VERITAS Software

Thanks for your reply Steve.

The output of the print from Supervisor is what I am looking for; I wanted to know whether it’s possible to get the same result thru querying Repository.

I understand from you reply that it is possible. Let me give a try.

Please correct if my understanding is wrong.

-Thanks

It's posssible, but really complicated due to the recursive nature of the repository.

Steve Krandel
VERITAS Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back