Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Expression for report

Status
Not open for further replies.

netusepk

IS-IT--Management
Feb 28, 2001
US
Is there a way to create a report based on a select statement that the user writes, as I am having problems with visual linking but to the limitations with multiple DSNs use.
Thanks
Jack

netusepl: You can use the SQL Designer (a separate application which comes with Crystal Reports). This has the facility to take an input SQL statement and generate a result set. You can then use the result set as the basis of your report David C. Monks
david.monks@chase-international.com
Accredited Seagate Enterprise Partner

But designer stores a static data and it get difficult working with it, as the report will be based on that static data. Correct me if I am wrong.
Thanks
Jack

The SQL Designer stores a SQL query, and you also have the option of saving the query with a data set. Uncheck the option to Save data with query. This will cause the report to be based on fresh data from the SQL Query.
You should also uncheck the report option Save data with report. Malcolm

and how do to filter the data when i call to the report? because y i´m rewriting the code in the SQL, Query property of the component when i call it
i probed to do the query with QueryDesign, but the problem is the filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back