Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Express 2008r2 stops working everynight 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

joepc

MIS
Jul 26, 2002
US
I have a SQL Express 2008 R2 database that seems to stop letting people in every 24hrs or so. The SQL service never stops, I just have to restart it and everyone can connect again.

I found an error that reports something along the lines of having trouble accessing the .LDF file.

Has anyone seem anything like this or have any idea of what this is?

Sounds like the file is corrupt, or the hard drive is turning off or something. Is it a USB hard drive?

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / SQL 2005 BI / SQL 2008 DBA / SQL 2008 DBD / SQL 2008 BI / MWSS 3.0: Configuration / MOSS 2007: Configuration)
MCITP (SQL 2005 DBA / SQL 2008 DBA / SQL 2005 DBD / SQL 2008 DBD / SQL 2005 BI / SQL 2008 BI)
MCM (SQL 2008)
MVP

My Site

Well I think I may have found the issue. We have a CDP backup solution and someone added the SQL Data folder to the backup routine. The CDP was constantly trying to backup the databases as the data changed.

I just exclude that folder from the list and today was the first day we didn't have to restart the service.

nice one Joe and thanks for letting us know you resolved the problem and how!

"In complete darkness we are all the same, only our knowledge and wisdom separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"

MIME::Lite TLS Email Encryption - Perl v0.02 beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back