Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Database Backup Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich1955

IS-IT--Management
Feb 14, 2003
US
A fellow admin has installed a program called Viewpoint on a server and needs it back-up'ed..

His question to me is as follows..

The SQL MSDE instance as used by viewpoint creates a new database each day and deletes databases older than 90 days, meaning we have roughly 67 databases total on this server. In order to backup these databases the backup software needs to be capable of backing up the instance as it exists, and must not require us to select specific database names..

I run at our shop BrightStor version 11.5 and do have the sql agent installed on a couple of our servers that contain SQL databases.

Will version 11.5 with the sql agent work as required by my co-worker?

Thanks,

Rich

If the SQl database selected dynamically (ie sql goldden platter full selection) the backup software will backup only the existing database ,will neglect the flushed databases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back