Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Conn through SEF7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orfeus

Technical User
Jul 17, 2003
GB
I need to allow a SQL Connection (port 1433) from my DMZ to a server on my internat network.
I have set up the appropriate rules but it is still having trouble connecting, no information in logs.
Is there anything other than the rules that are needed?

Did you use sqlnet as the service in your rule? When you move sqlnet into the service side, the configure button at the bottom of the services box will un-gray. Click on the configure button and then add the database information (it is usually 1521)

Thanks for the response
I have sqlnet service added for the specific database, the config asks for Database identification, which I have taken to mean database name.
The port was set on the sqlnetd proxywhich I had left as default when I enabled the proxy

I'm trying to connect to an oracle database through the standard port 1521 and receive TNS errors that the operation timed out. Is there anything particular that needs to be done to the firewall configuration to allow sqlnet traffic through port 1521 and point to a specific database?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back